Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Good News.....and the last posting


Good news sometimes comes in 3's:

  1. there were over 25 entries in the challenge!!! The voting was done by all guild members who viewed the quilts and chose a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.
  2. Unlike American Idol or Project Runway - those who did not win do not have to leave the Guild. :-)
  3. I had promised my two daughters that I would make each of them a wall-hanging for their new apartments - I have one done.

Actually - I have one more - yesterday was Nyia's (one of my grands) 3rd birthday.

Pictures of everything are here:

1st place - it is hard to see but the center squares have kimonos and the outside has fabric made into origami stars - incredible!




2nd place - this quilter did an incredible and very creative job with the two center figures - just beautiful!









3rd place - This quilter also used the fan theme with squares in between - beautiful quilt.


As you can see, my quilt was not one of the top three chosen. As with anything - you always want to win, but, for me, if I don't - I want those who did win to have been obvious choices, to have clearly deserved it and these quilts fit that criterion. The winners of the Guild Challenge were certainly deserving and all very talented quilters.

I did learn some stuff through this:

  • it was fun to have a few focal fabrics to work with and I used only what I had (a real breakthrough)
  • I did applique - something that I have not done much at all in the past and, surprising to me, I actually enjoyed
  • I put together a blog - thanks Tracey C!

The last bit of goodness from the day was the most beautiful birthday princess in the whole world (ice cream stain and all).....

Thanks for checking in and for the nice comments!

Nancy

No comments: