Thursday, June 03, 2010

Last few days

My husband is so incredibly thoughtful...he got me a new....


and we went riding on Monday in Tiburon - pleasant, flat ride that ended at a place so close to Angel Island, you could almost reach out and touch it - that is it to the left.

The trail started in Blackies Park...



Then later in the date, I did a bit of running -  up to 5 min run 1 min walk for 30 min  (hereby referred to 5/1) although it actually went 5/1/5/2/5/2/5/2/3/1/2 - anyway, I did it.

Tuesday - just walked with Merle

Wednesday - back to CFV - where Li has us doing what she calls 6WOH (had to ask - means 6 weeks of hell) which means warmup (I ran an 800m and did a few of the non-shoulder related activites), then three different workouts, yesterday it was:
  1. run 400 m, then a single arm lift and, I think, thrusters (I do not recall as I did not do these - my left shoulder still hurts - doc visit planned for next week)
  2. 10 min to max deadlift - did 175lbs - have actually lifted 180 in the past but did not want to push the shoulder
  3. 10 rounds - 10 deadlifts (I did 95lbs) 10 burpees...I subbed 5 mt climbs for the last 5 sets of burpees as my shoulder was starting to hurt.  21 m and some change.
sounds shoulder whiny, I know - but it is annoying and it does hurt (see prior post)!!!  Seems like a while since I have been at it hard at the gym- prob about 1 1/2 weeks - so this was hard and I was gassed when done.

On Day 3 of my personal Paleo challenge - had slipped quite a bit after the Masters competition so back on it.

Long post - to my 2 or so readers - how do you like the new format (mainly just trying to get a comment or two).

2 comments:

Francie said...

I like the new format, and especially like the new quilt at the top of the page!!

I was hoping to get to VPM tomorrow, but it doesn't look good right now. Maybe I'll just pop in for S&T and lunch...

Jay said...

that does sound horrible. Check out the vids on our mobility site to work your shoulder flexibility.

Love the new bike and the shirt! Sending you a new one next week :)