Tuesday, October 05, 2010

We did it!!!

Olivia and I finished our first 1/2 Marathon...13.1 miles of it!! 
  It was fun - a statement I never thought I would make about running,
let alone running anything beyond 400 meters! 
Beautiful day -could not be more perfect. 
Flat course - mostly. 
A lot of things to see and, therefore, distract you from doing what you are doing -
which is running an ungodly distance. 
And, then...
there is the finish line
ah sweet finish line. 
O did it in 2:35
I did it in 3:00
both of us did it faster than we thought we would.
Crystal and Roger were there at the end
which made the finish line even sweeter.


4 comments:

odubb said...

<3.

Pauline Monk said...

Well done!!! Its a great feeling thats for sure :-)

chic Gucci shirts said...

well done!

stretch mark removal cream said...

Congrats! I will be running this coming 22nd. Wish me luck!