Sunday, June 28, 2009

Project Linus

Project Linus is an organization that provides blankets (knitted, sewn, crocheted, tied, quilted, etc) to children in need through the following five Solano County organizations -- Mission Solano, Safequest Solano, Sutter Solano Emergency Room, Children's Nurturing Project and Solano County Child Welfare Services. To date, 385 blankets have been donated to children in crisis since this chapter started last November.

I have known of Project Linus, a national organization, for a while. I contacted the local chapter through a list of organizations on Target's volunteerism site.

Today, I donated 5 quilts to them.
These are "nap mat" size - it is hard to see but the first two have the alphabet and the middle one has numbers as well.

This one is made of blocks that I won at the quilt guild two years ago (clearly I am speed is life with this stuff). I was missing one block so improvised a bit.

This is the front and back of the last one - because I like the back as well. This is a fun one to make - 10" half square triangles. I used a bunch of brights I had and randomly pieced them.

My goal is to make and donate 2 per month. Will post them as I get them done.

No comments: