Monday, June 29, 2009

Two more quilts...

This quilt (front and back) is from the BOM (block o the month) from my quilt guild last year. I made each month's blocks in three colorways - one for the guild, one batik and the other is black/white with some primary colors thrown in. This batik one was given to my assistant Lisa who is incredible and who has wanted one of my quilts for a while. She was happy. I just love the way the churn dish blocks go together. This was one of my favorite BOM ever.























I don't usually name my quilts but the one below is called Pink Onion - a closer look at the backing fabric reveals some designs that look like an onion when you slice it.
It was the quilt I made for the Party Quilt class at the guild. The back is fabric I bought when one of the local quilt shops closed and it is what I used for the focal fabric. It is hard to see but the colors are pink, brown, a little blue, a little green. It turned out interesting - not like any of the other party quilts but I like it. My daughter, Goldie, loves it and so it is her's.















1 comment:

goldie said...

Love my new quilt, mama. :)