Sunday, January 18, 2009

sorry...

for the silence (to all my one readers). Been travelin, etc.
Anyway - on the fitness front - in case I didn't post it, I am down to 157 which is another pound. They are not falling off as fast as they did in the beginning :-(, but I am still on the paleo plan.

Workouts since last post - did not work out on Wednesday... Friday was the split jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 and top weight was 55. Sounds light, but I held it to that because I was still wobbly at the top.

Saturday, we did luck of the draw. For those who don't know - it is two teams, four exercises (sit ups, pull ups, squats, burpees) each assigned a suit (heart/club/diamond/spade). One team picks for the other team - if they pick 10 of diamonds then the other team needs to do 10 squats. The other team picks (say a Jack of spades), the first team needs to do 11 burpees. And so on for time. Our team did NOT get the luck of the draw - we got most, if not all, of the burpees - and we got most, if not all, of the high cards. So we would do the 11 burpees, then their card would tell them to do 2 situps, then we would do 15 situps, they would do 3 pullups and so on. No rest for the weary. Time for the other team was 1/2 of our time - so that should show you. And, in case you are wondering, I did NOT hold them back. I only finished last in maybe two of the rounds.

Forgot to tell you - in the warmup, we ran 800 meters. and, to my immense surprise, I ran 800 meters!

1 comment:

goldie said...

Good job on the 800! I couldn't do it...