Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jay 'n me at Crossfit

For the past few weeks, Jay and I have been Crossfittin together. Jay had at least two personal records and for Fran made #1 on the big greaseboard in the sky!!!


For my part, at my son's "gentle" urging - I now can do 30 pushups the regular way (that is on my toes, not my knees), do ring rows and have tried jumping pull ups, recently did 150 squats as part of Monday's WOD, and so on and so on.


And maintained my winning weight even after all of the holidays. I credit Jason with that - not just because we went to the gym at least 4 days each week, but mostly for getting me involved in this in the first place. One of the best things that I have done for myself.

Jay and T left on Sunday... when I went to the gym on Monday, one of the trainers said that he already missed Jay. I understand that - my son has such an enthusiasm for life, it is contageous. He challenges himself and those around him to be better, to have fun and to get the most out of everything that they do - whether it is a workout, playing Rock Band, snowboarding, or just enjoying a movie or a conversation. He is an amazing human being - I am so incredibly proud of him.

I miss him too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS HIM TOO!!!

Jay said...

you guys are so sweet! This post made my day.

I'm really impressed with how far you've come mom1