Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Update on fitness journey

Quite a lot has happened since I last posted about fitness....
J and I had a challenge - most weight/total body weight lost by 12/24....winner gets $100
I won!!! I lost 12 lbs, he lost 14. My weigh in was 158!!! I broke the 160 barrier.

Having said that, since that day I would love to say I have been on the straight and narrow.

I can say, I have been in terms of workouts! In fact, J and I won a team challenge...
see the posting for 12/26/08 on this site... http://www.crossfitvallejo.com/

We also did this one...
December 24 2008
Three rounds for time of:
21 Knees to elbows
21 reps - 1 1/2 pood Kettlebell swing
21 Push-ups
3 reps of 15 foot Rope climb
21 reps Box jump
21 Back extension
150 ft Walking lunge
My time was 27.24/J was 35.54 (some of what I did was modified)

THEN - last night it was dead lifts.. 5 reps of 3 each.
I lifted 95 lbs twice and 115 lbs 3 times!

BUT straight and narrow in terms of diet - some struggles like -
Christmas dinner
Homemade biscuits
Christmas cookies - my fav of all time
Peppermint bark
last night's Zac pizza (2 slices)
have NOT helped
Anyway, back to yet another WOD tonight, then Wed, then Fri and Sat. Have been able to get more workouts in with J here (he is a motivator) and no work. Saving grace.
Altho I have had some struggles with diet - most of my meals are Paleo. Like two of the day - it is just the third that is the killer. Will definitely get strictly back to it no later than 1/5.
Will post new challenge then.

No comments: