Tuesday, December 02, 2008

just tryin...

So, yesterday, went to the Alameda Food Bank with some folks from work. We emptied the collection bins that you see in grocery stores, sorted the stuff and packed boxes that were going to other agencies to distribute to people in need. Time well spent and highly recommended way to help but also to get and, hopefully, stay grounded.


On the way over, I caught a whif of something -
thought it was a problem in the air,
certainly not in my car.
Went to lunch with the folks from work.
Went to the Food Bank.
Chatted folks up in the parking lot after we were done.
Got back into my car to go home.
Still somewhat of an odd smell.
Got home,
sat in my office,
got on the computer,
took a call.
It was then I figured it out.




Threw the shoes away.

2 comments:

goldie said...

Oh nooooooo. The old crap on the shoe. I rolled around in the grass one day before school and walked around with poop on my vest all day. Didn't realize that it was, in fact, me that smelled so bad until the end of the day. So, I feel ya.

Anonymous said...

that's funny.

you should make your pictures on your posts a little bigger. it is difficult for my old eyes to see.