Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back at it...

The hard earned, albeit weeny, few pounds I lost since I started this endeavor has, for the most part, returned thanks to the carb fest that was Thanksgiving week. Food was awesome and horrible at the same time. Also, there was no cross fit other than Monday and, while I would love to say that I did my CF homework, I did not. What did I do instead? Well it seems I kept busy - just not on this challenge.

Soooo, in the meantime, my son J has swooped like the veritable Nike swoosh. He laid back for, oh, 4 weeks or so and then kicked it into gear this past week and has miraculously dropped almost 10 lbs in a week!!!! How is that right??? He is following what is called the Paleo diet - roughly based upon what our ancestors ate... essentially, as he puts it:

  • Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds
  • Some fruit, little starch and no sugar.
  • Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.

Anyway, worth a try - can't be any worse than it is.

Not really looking forward to Cross fit tomorrow night - eeek. I will do some of the warmup tonight just to get a head start.

1 comment:

Mastering It said...

breakfast seems to be the hard one - what do you guys do?
Also, I think the one thing I am going to have trouble giving up is my coffee with creamer in the morning. may have to ease into that.