Friday, November 21, 2008

Quillows and quilts

My daughter, O, played basketball all through high school. Each year, I would make quillows (quilt in a pillow - the quilt folded up inside of the pillow - pretty nifty) for each of the graduating seniors on the team. On the front of each quillow were pictures of the player, the team, the mascot, their name and jersey number. Her senior year, I think I made seven of them! I don't think I kept pictures of the other years. I finally made one for O - but it wasn't until she was in college. She gave me a hard time about that!!!



Below is the quilt I made for her coach, Mrs. Anderson - also at O's senior year. I got pictures of her when she was in high school and college from her father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

friggin' LOVE my quillow.
i've talked to former teammates and they told me they still have and use theirs.