Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jason...where are you????

I have never ever had any desire
whatsoever
to run.
Not me
no how.
I marvel at those folks who run so smoothly,
effortlessly and consistently.
I especially like to watch those who seem to be born to run
great form,
barely touching the ground,
hardly breathing,
with a serene look on their faces
certainly not sweating
...not like those who plod or
who seem to be running sideways, and
whose faces are contorted
like they are dying standing up
or with their mouth gaping open.
Based upon what I know of me
and of my capabilities
if I ever ran
I would definitely
be in the second group
no doubt.
Having said all of that....
As a Crossfitter
one does not get to choose
one's WOD.
Today's WOD
was
running
running 400 meters
resting 2 minutes
for time
then
doing it
again and
again and
again.
Joanne, who usually helps me, was there
when I came in.
She told me that she was not going to help me today,
instead it was going to be
Justin
and that, I should take my time, take it easy
only do what I could.
So after stretching, here is what I did....
the first 400 meters in 2min 55 sec
the second in 2:58
the third in 3:08 and
the fourth in 2:57
THAT'S RIGHT -
I actually did them ALL
and I ran the whole time
and I did not fall down
and I did them in less
than an hour each!!!
And, since it was in the dark,
and no on could really see me
I am here to tell you....
I was smooth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! So good!! I wondered where I got my poetry skillz from.

Good on you for running too. I am scared to run for the same reasons you were. Rock on mama.

Anonymous said...

this totally just made my morning. you're the bomb dot com.

Mastering It said...

I did not add that, at one point during my 4 runs, Justin told me to try not to bounce so much when I ran. I told him he was lucky my feet were moving at all!!!