Sunday, May 23, 2010

Next up...

conquering my dislike of running!
With my recent Master's competition in mind - where a goal is a great motivator and where I realized that doing it IS the win - I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon on October 3.  I am also annoying three people to join me... Crys/O and my bro Mike ...I know they really want to do it!


Anyway, my plan is to have a plan and to hold myself accountable to said plan.
As my shoulder is still a bit sore and as I am traveling this week, I will lay off CF until I get back.  But I will follow this plan this week:
  • Sunday - run/walk 30 min..R 2min/W 1min - DONE!!! it was 2.71 miles*
  • Monday - walk 30 min
  • Tuesday - 30 min R 3min/W 1min
  • Wednesday - walk 30 min
  • Thursday - 30 min R4min/W1min
  • Friday - walk 30 min
  • Saturday - 30 min R5min/W1min
I want to systematically do this even tho I think I can probably run more at a time than this.  This will help me know for sure.

*found http://www.mapmyrun.com/ - you can map your route, calc mileage and elevation, among other things.

1 comment:

Jay said...

nice! Go for it mom!

check this one out as a supplement to CF - www.crossfitendurance.com.

They have workouts you can do in addition to the CF ones to prepare you for marathons and long distance races.