Sunday, September 27, 2009

running and a pix or two









This morning I rode my bike to the track determined to run... While I have not yet started my October challenge, it seemed like a good thing to do. I ran 4 - 400 m with 4 - 400m walks in between. The significant thing is that I actually ran the entire 400 m of the running ones - no walking, no stopping - just running (or my version of running anyway). I did time them and they were all below 2.5 min...used my phone as I did not bring my stopwatch. So that was good - the ride back was also good as it is all downhill...such a treat after a workout.

Thought I would start slipping in a pix or two from our trip....this first one is right after we got there. We are walking in J's neighborhood which is in the borough of Kensington. Weather was wonderful the whole trip - only one rainy day in London and one the day we were flying out of Italy.















This is at the Tate Modern Museum. Pictures were strictly forbidden but I could not resist. One of the guards followed me out of this room and gave me a verbal beat down for violating his orders. I told him I was sorry, but I wasn't - so, not only did I disobey, I lied as well.


I don't know who I am waving at here - maybe the guard... I wore this hoodie almost the entire time - got it from Target and, this trip, I did not see anyone else wearing it!!! We did much better packing this time than last, although still some room for improvement. Less is definitely more and v neck white t-shirts are essential.


1 comment:

Jay said...

nice job with the running...it's never fun.