Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning

I am up before anyone....not that I am so anxious to open gifts or to start the festivities, it is because I always get up early. It is almost a lifelong habit - started when the kids were young and it was to get some quiet time. It stuck and, of course, as you get older...it is what you do. Sometimes I sew, sometimes I "puter", sometimes I read. I always drink coffee and can absolutely NOT drink it without this ... only my current fav is vanilla cinnamon.




If I do not have it, I will take a trip in the wee hours to get it before I have my coffee. Another addiction to something that has absolutely no nutritional value...it is probably not even made of anything real except the taste.

Burpees...Jay and I did 90 yesterday am...he did them in 10:50, I did them in 11:30. Both are incredible times. The last time I did them sub 12 min was when I did 70 something of them. Goes to show you what a little competition and encouragement will do. Only 10 more days and I will have done a burpee challenge without missing a day!!!!

On another topic....do NOT tell Nyia the contents of any Christmas gift...she can't keep anything even under dire threat...she is so bad at this, she can't keep that she told!!! Part of the issue is she is a non-stop talker so she is constantly in need of subject matter coupled with her propensity to say anything and everything that is on her mind. A disaster for Christmas secrets.

This pix is from a previous entry but it makes the point. Love her so.



Anyway....

Merry Christmas to all...I hope that you are as fortunate as I am to have such an incredible family and to have this incredible family with me during the holidays.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Merry Christmas, Nancy. I know what you mean about the cream. Can't have my coffee without it and I can't skip my coffee, so there you go. Love you.