Sunday, October 26, 2008

The challenge is on....

J (my son) and I are challenging each other to hit some goals by Christmas morn. We have invited daughters/sisters C and O - but have not gotten word on whether they are in or not. Stakes are winner takes all - J and I are putting in $100 each. If C/O are in, they need to pitch in $50 each.
My goals are:
  • Weight – 155 - I currently tip the scales at 170 (yikes and hence the challenge)
  • Tactics:
    Crossfit three times per week (four if schedule permits)
    Do something every day – walk, ride a bike, do the warmup exercises
    Eat in the zone every day – once two weeks have passed, then allow a cheat day
    Journal it all

So - yesterday I did officially join crossfit and did the warmup exercises. That was as much as I could do - although they are significant in my estimation:

  • jump rope for 5 min

then 3 rounds of 10 each of...

  • three different stretches
  • squats (rough)
  • situps
  • not sure what it is called but you lay on the floor (or on the ab-mat which is a terrific invention) , lace your fingers behind your head and lift your head off the ground
  • pushups (really rough)
  • pull ups - I do the baby kind
  • dips - I also do the baby kind

I actually did not feel too good after I did those - probably because I only drank coffee before I did them. I know better next time.

Food - brekkie - toast/pnut butter and apple

Lunch - chicken tortilla soup with some french bread

snack - apple, cheese, crackers, macadamia nuts

dinner - pasta with marinara sauce, squash, french bread, milk

Not exactly good, but have gotten a fairly good start today - will post tomorrow.

No comments: