Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blog title and other notes

My daughter, Goldie, told me that I should change the name of this blog (she blogs a lot so has a very critical eye)- so I did, but I cannot figure out how to change the name that is in the url. Suggestions, my blog hero???

I will probably include some pictures of older and some newer ones. Just doing it to keep a record - I will try to give an approximate date. Anyway the order will be random. Here is my latest. It is a string quilt which is a technique that I had never done before and that I had learned at a most recent guild meeting. I have another one going as well - darker fabric.
The quilting in the center of the quilt is softly curved lines. The quilt was just that much too big to do more than that. I did do a design in the border based upon a pattern of continuous hearts that I liked. My daughter, O, asked for it and just might get it - I first have to show it to the guild and maybe a few other folks - have to get the requisite amount of oohs and aahs. The other thing about this quilt is, other than the batting, I used fabric that I had - hence the pieced back.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got dibs. but let's wait until i get my own apartment before you give it to me. because it's liable to get swiped by goldie (or maya...mya..?) while i'm staying there.

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty! So many of our HeartStrings quilts are very graphic looking that I love seeing a soft and pretty string quilt every now and then.