Monday, November 23, 2009

Wake up tooth fairy

I am not sure why, but it always seems to be more important to adults that a loose tooth gets disengaged from a child's mouth than said child. Such was the case this weekend with Nyia, N's mom, gramps and me. To be fair, that tooth was quite loose and, in fact, the replacement tooth was already more than crowned!
Anyway, we convinced Nyia that we should have a go at it.




Took quite a bit of doing, but finally we got the floss around the tooth.



Then, mom and Ny go to a doorknob because everyone knows that is one way to do it (although I do not remember any of the teeth on any of the kids coming out in this manner).


Mom has one end of the floss, gramps is looking on. Nyia is backing away from the doorknob and mom is acting not so sure. The floss is getting taut between them so quick thinking and acting gramps karate chops the floss.


Out pops the tooth.

A new look and, of course, she just had to tell the whole fam about it!!!!

3 comments:

Katana said...

a story to remember! Good job all!

Jay said...

She seems so happy to have a bloody mouth.

Anonymous said...

You guys really did that? Wow, Nyia is such a brave soul. When my son had a loose tooth, he also wanted to do the doorknob technique, but I stopped him because it was too risky. Instead, I took him right away to our trusted dentist in Raleigh. Dentistry there is really impressive, I must say. They really know how to handle wild kids like my son. Our Raleigh dentist took care of the loose tooth in no time without making my kid cry. Ain't he a brave soul, too?